OFFICIAL BARE BONES SCRIPT-2-SCREEN FILM FEST ENTRY FORM
401 W. Broadway, Suite 308 Muskogee, OK 74401 www.BareBonesFilmFestival.com firstname.lastname@example.org
FEST DATES: OCT. 16-19, 2003 TULSA, OK
TITLE OF PROJECT:_______________________________________
NAME OF PERSON SUBMITTING FORM:
First ___________________________________Middle Initial_____ Last ____________________________________
Your Title: [__] Writer [__] Co-Writer [__] Producer
[__] Director [__] Other __________________________
Name of Production Company __________________________
Sign only after you have read the Official Rules and Certification Statement in Part 3. Keep a copy of the entire entry form.
NON-REFUNDABLE ENTRY FEES ENCLOSED: [_$___________]
[__] $30 Shorts -30 minutes/pages or less any category, genre
[__] $35 Mini-Movies- 31-59 minutes/pages any category, genre
[__] $40 Features- 60 minutes/pages or more, any category, genre
MULTIPLE SUBMISSION DISCOUNT:
[__] ½ regular price for second entry-any category, genre $________
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
[__] Deduct $5 (Shorts, Mini & Feature categories only, does not apply to second-entry, or student discount) for Early Bird Submissions postmarked prior to June 15th, 2003.
[__] DEDUCT $10 if student (Middle, High, Alternative, College, Vocational School, University, Film School with ID copy attached) [__] Film School/College/University Student
[__] Alternative/High School or Under Student
LATE FEE ADDITION:
[__] ADD $15 Late Fee-Any movie/screenplay postmarked
AFTER July 31, 2003. FINAL: Aug. 31, 2003.
SCREENPLAYS: WGA Registration #_____________________________Date:___________
# PAGES _________[__] Original Screenplay [__] Screenplay Adaptation [__] Teleplay [__] MOW
MOVIES: LENGTH: Total Running Time (TRT): ________
[__] Short [__] Mini-Feature [__] Feature
MAIN COMPETITION CATEGORY: Select One
[__] Documentary [__] Animation [__] Music Video [__] Trailer
[__] Experimental [__] Student [__] Narrative
[__] Mock-u-mentary [__] Work-in-Progress
GENRE: Select the one that best describes your project: MOVIE or SCREENPLAY
[__] Drama [__] Comedy [__] Dramedy [__] Behind the Scenes
[__] Romance [__] Thriller
[__] Suspense [__] Horror [__] Sci-Fi [__] Action/Adventure
[__] Urban Action [__] Western [__] Period Piece
[__] True Story [__] OTHER___________________
HOW DID YOU LEARN ABOUT THIS FESTIVAL?:
[__] Trade Magazine ______________________
[__] Internet Site______________ [__] Newspaper __________
[__] BBIFF Alumni ___________
[__] Other ___________________________ Thanks for helping us track our referrals
PREMIERE STATUS: [__] WORLD [__] UNITED STATES
[__] OKLAHOMA [__] NONE
[__] Family-Oriented [__] Youth-Oriented
[__] Senior-Citizen-Oriented [__] Oklahoma Setting
[__] Transcending Barriers Theme [__] True Story
[__] Erase Hate/promote Tolerance
[__] Ethnic/Cultural [__] Other (please be specific)____________________________________________
Writer: First_____________________________MI___ Last___________________________
Co-Writer: First_____________________________MI___ Last___________________________
Executive Producer First_____________________________MI___ Last________________________
Attach complete list First_____________________________MI___ Last________________________
LOGLINE: (Think TV Guide listing)
SHORT SYNOPSIS: 100-250 words or less (TO BE PUBLISHED)
FEATURE FILMS/SCREENPLAYS BARE BONES BUDGET INFO: [__] $25,000 or less
[__] $50,000 or less [__] $100,000 or less [__] $250,000 or less
[__] $500,000 or less
[__] $750,000 or less [__] $1,000,000 or less *[__] More than $1,000,000 but less than $5,000,000
[__] BARE BONES BUDGET SUMMARY ATTACHED
(Not for publication)
ORIGINAL MOVIE FORMAT: [__] 35mm [__] 16mm [__] 8 mm
[__] HD [__] Super 8 [__] Mini-DV [__] DV [__] Video Camcorder
[x] NTSC [__] Other_____________________________
[__] PAL (requires conversion to NTSC or pay addl transfer fee $55
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT: [__] VHS [__] S-VHS
[__] DVD [__] Will Bring own Beta Deck
BARE BONES INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES & GUIDELINES
- Screenplays/teleplays must be the original work of the applicant (s).
- All entrants must sign the applicant certification in acknowledgement of these rules and guidelines.
- Screenplays already optioned are not eligible for this competition.
- All entries should be registered with the Writers Guild of America or copyrighted through the Library of Congress.
- Screenplays must be formatted in the manner considered standard for the film industry. www.finaldraft.com
- Authors name must not appear anywhere other than on the title page.
- For feature length screenplays, a Bare Bones Budget Summary should be attached to indicate a proposed budget level for production. This in no way limits actual budget or sales price.
- To receive verification of receipt of submission entry, include a self-addressed stamped postcard with your submission.
- A list of those qualifying as Semifinalists and finalists will be posted on the website shortly after the list is determined.
- If your screenplay is selected for a staged screenplay reading, the festival is under no obligation to provide airfare nor expenses to attend the festival.
BARE BONES INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
MOVIE COMPETITION RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Films produced or initiated by a major movie studio are ineligible for competition, but can showcase.
- We do not accept pornography.
- All entries must come with the Official Bare Bones Entry form, the non-refundable fee and a NTSC VHS screening tape, which is non-returnable.
- The screening selections are at the sole discretion of the festival directors, all decisions are final.
- All movie formats ( 35 mm, 16 mm, 8 mm, High-Def, Super 8, Digital Video, Camcorder, etc) must be submitted on a VHS (NTSC only). If submitting on a PAL format, include an additional $55 transfer fee.
- Return postage or SASE may be submitted for the return of final screening tapes, otherwise the festival will NOT return tapes.
- Non-English films must have English subtitles.
- A Bare Bones Budget Summary (will not be published) should accompany feature film submissions to verify Bare Bones qualification of less than a million dollars and to qualify for the Auteur of the Year Competition.
- Screening dates and times will be set by a deadline designated by festival director with preference going to filmmakers-in-attendance during the festival.
- All entrants are encouraged to submit publicity kits with photos, posters, flyers, bio, cast/production credits, etc. Required for Shameless-Self-Promotion Award Competition.
- All films selected for screening will be posted on the festival website with links to filmmakers website. Photos and posters should be forwarded in .jpg format for easy website posting.
- Filmmaker is responsible for updating festival if premiere status of film changes prior to festival date.
- ALL APPLICANTS:
- All monies must be in U.S. dollars: Either by U.S. Bank check, U.S. Postal Money Order or via www.paypal.com Our account ID is email@example.com. NO FEE WAIVERS.
- Applicant(s) must have the legal ownership right to enter contest.
- Semi-Finalists and Finalists are to submit a photo and bio for publication. Additional promotional items, such as posters, press kits, trailers and press kits may also be submitted.
- Winners will be announced during the Bare Bones Awards Gala. All awards are based on merit. Judges and/or the Festival reserve the right not to grant an award.
- To receive notification of receipt of entry, include a self-addressed stamped postcard.
APPLICANT CERTIFICATION: Please read and sign on page one of the entry form.
- I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission and/or exhibition of this project to the Bare Bones International Film Festival Competitions.
- I understand that the entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and does not guarantee my acceptance into the festivals competition.
- I fully indemnify the Bare Bones International Film Festivals, its directors, affiliates, associates and judges against any claim made for any violations of law.
- I certify that this film/script is not subject to any litigation nor is any litigation threatened.
- I warrant that the submission is my original work and that there are no disputes filed against this project.
- I understand that should my project win an award, you may use my name (s), titles of materials, clips or trailers for advertising and promotional purposes.
- I also grant permission for the festival to use my movie/script in Bare Bones Best of the Fest Tours as long as I am given credit and promotional advantages. I understand that I will not be asked to pay promotional fees nor will I be entitled to financial compensation for participation.
- I understand that I must complete a separate entry form for each project submitted with the appropriate fee.
- I understand that I must sign a separate distribution agreement for representation or to join a co-op sales arrangement for which I will be compensated for the sale of my movie/script.
ONLY SIGN BELOW IF MORE THAN ONE SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED:
If more than one party signs this agreement as the submitting party, then all references to I within this agreement will apply to all persons whose signatures appear below.